This is relatively simple to install. If you’ve done Google analytics before, the process is similar. You take a piece of code that Facebook provides and install it onto your website.
1. Go to https://business.facebook.com/ and then go to “business settings” on the top right of the screen. There are many ways to do this, but the easiest is just to type in “pixel” in the top search bar.
2. On the next screen, find the “Add Data Source” drop down and click “Facebook Pixel”.
3. Now Facebook will take you through a set of set-up instructions. Go ahead and name your pixel and click “Create”.
4. You will now be given several options for installation of the code. Choose “Manually Install the Code Yourself”.
5. Next, you have two options. Copy the whole code and install it onto the header of the website. Under option 2 go ahead and copy that code. Then press continue
6. Now you can take that piece of code and install it in the header of any website. For this example we will use the RealBird suggestion from earlier on and show you how easy it is to install the code on your landing pages or single property websites.
First, login to your Realbird account and click the “Listing Marketing” tab at the top. Then choose “Analytics, Facebook Pixel”.
7. Now scroll all the way down to the bottom and find “Additional tracking codes”. Now just paste your Facebook pixel code into this box. Click “Save Custom Code” and you are done!
Now when a someone visits your site or landing page, Facebook can track them and allow you to retarget them resulting in increased conversions and lower ad costs. In addition, Facebook will use this pixel to get the data it needs to make your ads perform better.