Step 3: Optimize
I’m really sure you now think your video will start getting a million views because your topic is hot, but that’s not how it works. In order for your brand new video to start getting some attention from people you will need to optimize it in some very specific ways.
These optimization principles will direct people straight to your video, but more than that these techniques will optimize your video with what is called Search Engine Optimization or SEO, so you can get the real traffic we are looking for: Search Engine Traffic There are two mayor optimization principles, the first is called ON-Page SEO and the second one is called OFF-Page SEO.
On-page SEO consists of optimizing your video so Search Engines can “Pick it up and Rank it”.
There are 4 important On-Page optimization techniques to be aware of:
- Your Custom Channel URL: here on YouTube you will be able to create a unique address URL for you YouTube channel. This is something that besides looking really nice for people to click and visit your YouTube Channel that URL will also have Search Engine power to get ranked while people perform a related search, especially on Google.
- The Title: as we previously mentioned on Step 1. You must build a title where your business and a hot keyword can be combined. As you already saw, mine is Cake Decorating Made Easy, which is the name of my business and it has a really hot keyword in it.
- The Description: in the description you will be able to include 3 very important things: first you will include your website URL at the top; secondly you will include a very nice description where you will mention the hot keyword 4 times, and lastly you will include your YouTube Custom Channel URL at the bottom of your description
- The Tags: here you will be able to insert as many keyword variations as possible. You can just type anything that comes to your mind, you can even use the Google Keyword Planner for more ideas.
Now your brand new YouTube Video looks a lot better.
Off-page SEO consists of applying some link building techniques from other websites to your Video, so search engines can “FIND” your video a lot faster.
This is not about buying views, this is about making your video a lot more FINDABLE for the search engines.
Before applying the following optimization techniques you have to make sure you know what your YouTube Video URL is, you don’t want to be working hard advertising the wrong URL.
My YouTube Video URL looks like this:
Yours will probably look similar.
There are 5 important Off-Page optimization techniques to be aware of:
- Get organic views to your YouTube Video URL by using com, which consists of a promotional tool that will help you grow your Twitter, MySpace, YouTube, Google+, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, SoundCloud and Websites for FREE
- Build Social Bookmarks to your YouTube Video URL: there are so many ways to do this nowadays, we advise you to help yourself at com. Make sure to take a look at what people say about the service you are about to pay for.
- Take your YouTube Video URL and all of the Bookmarks you built on it and submit them at co
- Take your YouTube Video URL and all of the Bookmarks you built on it and submit them at Mass-ping.com
- For more ranking power, build WIKI Links to your YouTube Video URL. Help yourself at com
Now you just need to wait until your video gets rank in the top search engine results. It make take days, even a few weeks.
But if for some reason it doesn’t, you might need to apply more Off-Page optimization, because maybe there are other marketers like you applying the same techniques you are applying for the exact same keyword on a different video.