These 2 images will be the first thing your visitors will see once they get to your LinkedIn Company Page, so for that reason you really need to be really good at it, so people may get an appropriate first impression.
There are some extremely important tips you really need to be aware of when creating your cover and profile images:
- People will need to see what your Company Page is all about in just a few seconds.
- Avoid the use of call to action or any kind of advertising material; use only images to get people to know what your Company Page is all about.
- Use images that show what your clients or customers really want. Show the end result of your services right there in front of them. Just sell the benefits using images and not words.
- If you have a special announcement related to your business or services, the cover image will be a great place to let people know about.
- Use colors related to your company logo, product, or any other kind of object you would be working with in order to satisfy those needs. Everything will need to be related to what you are offering or selling.
- The “logo image” will be a great place to locate your logo, product or a photo of yourself.
- If your “logo image” doesn’t show your logo, the “Cover Image” should be the place to put it.
- The images should be clear and not confusing.
- Avoid the use of long phrases or text that is hard to read.
- For best results choose an image that is 100 x 60 pixels in size for the “Logo Image” and 646 x 220 pixels in size for the “Cover Image”.
- There is another image you will need to create called the “Square Logo”, which will be used in the network updates. That one will be 50 x 50 pixels in size.
Now let’s add those images to our Company Page. You first need to click on the “Edit” button located in the top right corner of the Home section of the Company Page.
This is how you add the Cover Image
This is how you add the Standard Logo Image…
This is how you add the Square Logo Image…
Finally remember to click on Publish…
And this is how it looks like…
Cool! We are done with step 4, now let’s dominate some amazing LinkedIn Marketing Tools in the next step.